Dancing Beyond Limits (DBL) is hosting an 8-week adaptive dancing session for participants ages 5-21 who have disabilities that require the use of a wheelchair, walker, gait trainer or have other balance-related challenges. DBL provides classes in both Omaha and Lincoln along with a recital at the end of the Spring session.
As I looked through the pictures from past events from the group, I was moved to tears.
You can see so much delight in the faces of the participants and volunteers! All the kids looked so beautiful and amazing! This has got to be a phenomenal program with lots of benefit to our kiddos and all those who participate.
It is the only yoga program I’ve heard of in the area for special needs kiddos.
“DBL is a group of phenomenal youth in Lincoln and Omaha who have gone beyond their own limitations to pursue a love for dance. Alongside a volunteer ‘dance buddy,’ each student is challenged to move beyond physical or developmental limits in an uplifting environment. Confidence, teamwork, and friendship are foundational elements instilled through DBL, a non-profit adaptive recreation organization.”
There are 3 different opportunities available for the Spring 2018 session:
- Omaha = the Omaha Bella Dancers meet on Sundays from 4 to 4:45 PM at the Fusion Dance Studio starting on March 4. They will have a recital on Sunday, April 29. Tuition is $40. New Dancers will pay $30 for their costume, while returning dancers will pay on $15.
- Lincoln = Dancers will meet on Tuesdays from 6:15 to 7 PM at Chase the Spirit of Dance starting on April 3 through May 22. They will have a recital on June 1-2. Tuition is $40. New Dancers will pay $30 for their costume, while returning dancers will pay on $15.
- DBL Recital (both groups): Saturday, May 19th at 4 PM at St. Paul United Methodist Church in Lincoln.
- Yoga for Youth = Participants will meet on Sundays at 4:45 to 5:30 PM at the starting on March 4. Tuition is $40.
Latest posts by Brad Wendel (see all)
- Rock it with Alice and the AAP at the Rose Theater on March 31 - February 16, 2018
- Learn What the Down Syndrome Alliance of the Midlands has Coming in 2018 - February 15, 2018
- Research Opportunities with UNO - February 14, 2018