One of the great pleasures of maintaining this blog is learning about new opportunities around town for our special needs kiddos. The Autism Society of Nebraska – Omaha has a long list of events already in the works for our families this year!
All events in the Omaha area take place at the Autism Center of Nebraska at 9012 Q Street unless otherwise stated.
For Younger Kids
- Preschool Playdate – A 1-hour play session for toddlers and Pre-K kiddos with ASD supervised by ASN volunteers as well as students from the Creighton Occupational Therapy program. This takes place from 10-11 AM on the 3rd Saturday of the month. (NOTE FROM Jill at the ASN: “The play groups sometimes change dates depending upon holidays and stuff. In February, the preschool play date is a week earlier, for example.”)
- Autism Night at Pump it Up – The ASN sponsors an evening at Pump It Up on the first Monday of the month from 6-8 PM. Entrance fee is $5 per child.
- Family Swim Night at Little Waves Family Swim School – The ASN sponsors an evening of swimming at Little Waves Family Swim School from 5 to 7 PM on the 2nd Friday of the month from January through April.
- Sensory-Friendly Movies at AMC Theaters – usually at AMC Council Bluffs 17 or AMC Oak View. Check our Events Calendar for the latest entries.
For Teens and Young Adults
- Teen Zone: Food with Friends Meet-Up – This will be an evening of food and friendship at Mama’s Pizza at 156th and Pacific Street on Tuesday, February 13 from 6:30-8:30 PM. RSVP by February 5!
- Bowling League – Sorry, this one closed registration and started before we could get it into the system. There is a 10-week league starting in January and going through April at Mockingbird Lanes. We’ll let you know if they start another session in the summer.
- Mom’s Night Out – On the 3rd Sunday of the month from 6 to 8 PM, local ASD moms get together for whatever they feel like doing that evening (movies? games?). No childcare provided.
- Adults’ ASD Support Group – Every 2nd Saturday of the month, adults with ASD can get together from 7 to 8:30 PM.
For Folks in Lincoln
Events in Lincoln take place at the Williamsburg Behavioral (3801 Union Dr # 206, Lincoln, NE 68516)
- Family Support Group – On the 2nd Wednesday of the month, families with ASD members can get together from 7 to 8:30 PM.
- Adults Support Group – On the last Wednesday of the month, adults with ASD can get together from 7 to 8:30 PM.
We at ASD Clubhouse will do our best to keep you up-to-date on all the ASN activities! Next time you attend one of their events, be sure to thank every ASN member you meet for all the hard work they put in every day to make such a wonderful array of events possible for our kiddos.
Thank you Autism Society of Nebraska! YOU ROCK!
Latest posts by Brad Wendel (see all)
- Submit Your Work for the Express-Ability Exhibit at UNO in March - February 23, 2018
- Join and Support the MDA Muscle Walk on May 5 - February 21, 2018
- Rock it with Alice and the AAP at the Rose Theater on March 31 - February 16, 2018