We are happy to announce that our new blog, ASD Clubhouse, is now fully armed and operational.
Our goal is to provide information to families in the Omaha area with kids with special needs about upcoming events, learning opportunities and other local resources.
The ASD Clubhouse is here to be the one place you can go to figure out what to do next with your special needs kiddos.
We will focus on all special needs, including Autism Spectrum Disorders (hence the ASD in our name), Asperger’s and Down’s Syndromes, and many others.
How will we help you?
We will provide you with up-to-date information on things like:
- Upcoming events designed specifically for kids with special needs
- Local organizations that provide recreational or educational activities or therapies
- Local facilities like playgrounds, swimming pools, day care centers, etc. that can help support your special needs kiddo.
- Honest reviews of the latest toys, apps, games and resources
- Personal accounts of our journey on the Spectrum here in Omaha and how our insights might help you answer questions or point you in the right direction to get answers to your questions.
Why are we doing this?
When our son Alex experienced developmental delays, we didn’t know where to start. We didn’t know who to talk to, who could help us figure out what was happening or what we needed to do next. We didn’t know what options were available in Omaha and whether or not we could even get what we needed here.
We wanted a single place to help answer all our questions.
The ASD Clubhouse will work hard to be that resource for you.
We’ve spent the past four years living on the Spectrum in Omaha, and we’ve learned a ton about what can and cannot be done to help our kiddos. We’re here to provide that information to you and more. Our journey is far from over. We look forward to sharing new discoveries and experiences together with you and your kiddos!
What’s coming next from the Clubhouse?
We’ve got a lot of interesting topics primed to discuss with you including:
- How to get an autism diagnosis in Omaha
- What’s the best place to take a kiddo with special needs in Omaha?
- What’s the least known place to take a kiddo with special needs in Omaha?
- How to Build Your IEP Team.
- Non verbal? No problem.
- The ASD Clubhouse Top 10 iPad Apps for kiddos with special needs.
Be sure to check out our latest post on the All-Play Miracle Baseball League. Their registration is opening on Monday, January 15.
We want to hear from you!
We’ll work to provide you a ton of information, but we want to know what you think and what you need.
- Please subscribe to our blog to receive e-mail updates and our newsletter.
- Add your comments at the end of our articles to kickstart a conversation with us and our Clubhouse community.
- Feel free to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest for additional updates and information.
- Please forward a link to our blog to everyone you know who might benefit from our site.
- Check our local Events Calendar often for new and upcoming activities and educational opportunities for you and your family.
Is there a particular topic you’re looking for information about?
Fill out the form below and send it to us, and we’ll work to get the answers for you.
Thanks again for stopping by the Clubhouse!
We look forward to getting to know you more in the years ahead and providing you with as much information as we can.
Latest posts by Brad Wendel (see all)
- Submit Your Work for the Express-Ability Exhibit at UNO in March - February 23, 2018
- Join and Support the MDA Muscle Walk on May 5 - February 21, 2018
- Rock it with Alice and the AAP at the Rose Theater on March 31 - February 16, 2018