Hopefully those of you who support the Special Olympics Nebraska had a great time getting wet and cold during the Polar Plunge yesterday at Lake Cunningham! We at the Clubhouse are very proud and impressed by all of you who participated! As we were looking at your pictures, we found out about a number of weekly events that the Bellevue Special Olympics team put on that you might want to consider attending in the future.
- Sunday Bowling – The Bellevue Special Olympics meet at Leopard Lanes in Bellevue from 1 to 4 PM. Athletes play for free and volunteers can play for only $5. Bowling continues from now through March 18.
- Aquatics Practice – It’s always a challenge to find a good spot to teach out special needs kiddos to swim, isn’t it? No more. The Bellevue Special Olympics has arranged time on Sundays from 5:30 to 7:30 PM at the LIED Activity Center just for our kiddos. We think it’s just $5 for entry fee. Practices will continue from now through May 27.
- Basketball Practice – The Bellevue Special Olympics meet at Wake Robin Elementary School for an evening of basketball practice every Wednesday from 6 to 8 PM. Practices will continue from now through March 28.
Our condolences to the Bellevue Special Olympics and their bowlers for the loss of one of their volunteers, Rich Edwards, last week during the winter storm. Saints like Rich are too few and far between these days, and it saddens us to know that someone who gave so much so willingly is no longer with us.
For more information about Bellevue Special Olympics, feel free to reach out to Frank Mack, the Head of Delegation, at email@example.com.
A special thanks from all of us at the Clubhouse to the Bellevue Special Olympics for putting in the time and effort for these weekly activities! We look forward to seeing what you have in store for our kiddos later in 2018.
Latest posts by Brad Wendel (see all)
- Rock it with Alice and the AAP at the Rose Theater on March 31 - February 16, 2018
- Learn What the Down Syndrome Alliance of the Midlands has Coming in 2018 - February 15, 2018
- Research Opportunities with UNO - February 14, 2018